Friday 3 December 2010

I can't stop listening to this

Blur – 1992

I worked out the chords to this and I keep singing it when I get up in the morning. Either I worked it out in the wrong key or my morning voice is no good, but I tend to move up to falsetto halfway through lines - I'm all over the place. Anyway, this is basically a noise record but I really love the actual song at the beginning.

The story is this song was on demo somewhere and then Damon Albarn rediscovered it 6 years later.  I don't know the rest of the story as I was not a member of Blur circa '98 (or circa anytime for that matter), so you should just take it as it comes.

I like Blur(the Blur/13 end of their oeuvre particularly) - I always think half their songs are through the filter of hangovers, and that's why I like them. 

Obscure things don't suit me. All I do is get into popular things in a big way. Look out for Beatles stuff in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment