Friday 10 December 2010

Do you ever get down on your knees and thank god that you know me and have access to my dementia?

The above heading is one of my favourite lines from the popular sitcom 'Seinfeld'.  I might have it on my headstone. Hopefully I'll go absolutely crazy before I die.

The key plot line from the episode in which the above quote features is covered here.

People ridicule Seinfeld because of the slap bass and the observational humour, but it's subtleties are overlooked. I love it.

I am forever indebted to the lecturer who talked to me at the pub about American comedy and planted the seeds for exploration into both Seinfeld and Arrested Development. Thanks to that guy in the The Pint or whatever it was called in Salford.



1 comment:

  1. that link has been destroyed by the youtube authorities.
    A precursory scene to the scene in which the above line is featured can be presently found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkY4fXdkzXg&feature=related

    but if you don't know the episode it's really not gonna make a lot sense.

    ReplyDelete